Thursday, February 10, 2011

Etched on Sand

Racing through the tracks of steel
Even was my heart
6 months it was when I had seen you last

Sleepless nights , thoughtless days
All went by , how did i stay !
Away from you

At last I did reach there
With a thousand dreams in my eyes
To see those very eyes
To see that very smile
That had kept me alive

Time had come
I bated my breath
Let my heart skip a beat or two
U knocked on the door

The sea was alive
The gulls were flying high
We heard the honk of a distant ship
That shook the conman dry

We ran on the water 
Shared a swear or two
We took to our knees
Wrote a name or two

Alas the sea !
He was ruthless !
He was merciless !
He had no heart !
As he knew nothing
And gave his verdict
The judgment was harsh

Time has passed by
People have changed
But etched on sand remains
Those days and
Your name ...

No comments:

Post a Comment